To download a printable PDF version of this infographic, click here.
Spring cleaning is a great opportunity to make your home healthier, and to remove as much dust, dirt and grime as you can before rising summer temperatures and indoor humidity levels increase your mold risk!
- Dust. Use a microfiber or electrostatic cloth and don’t forget the places that are hard to reach.
- Vacuum. Go slowly and add diagonal strokes. Clean up.
- Declutter. Donate or throw away anything you haven’t used in the last year.
- Clean windows and doors. A buildup of dust and grime on doors and windows can be a source of mold.
- Use chemical-free cleaning alternatives such as baking soda, lemons, and vinegar to protect your indoor air quality.
- Change air filters in your home – air purifiers, heating and cooling vents, ventilation fans, and HRV filters.