For almost 18 months our mission to transform housing has directly supported making changes to housing occupied by military families. Currently many military families are living in homes that are unhealthy – compromising the readiness, retention, and well-being of our service members as well as their spouses and children. We are proud to support our troops and work alongside advocacy groups seeking change. Hear what retiring Col. Greg Ford had to say about Hayward Score:
We’ve attended HASC and SASC hearings and met with Senators, Representatives, and key staffers on Capitol Hill. We’ve met with military leaders at the Pentagon and even welcomed the former Secretary of the Navy to tour the first Hayward Healthy Home in California. We’ve supported Commanders as they work hard to make changes for the people and families on the bases they oversee. We’ve worked with national advocacy groups to provide training and guidance to help them support families living on base.
In addition we have:
- Drafted and published “Restore Housing to Optimize Military Excellence” (REHOME), a five-year plan for systematic improvement to military housing with efficiencies including: ROI, budgeting, PCS movement, and strategic planning. Addendums can be found here.
- Drafted and published “A Case for Action” white paper in support of ongoing DoD efforts to address military housing and barracks.
Advisory and Advocacy Highlights:
- Invited as subject matter expert to combined House Armed Services Committee and Senate Armed Services Committee meeting on military privatized housing issues.
- Invited as subject matter expert and primary speaker at Veteran’s of Foreign Wars (VFW) military privatized housing conference.
- Assumed advisory role at Presidio of Monterey/Defense Language Institute and Naval Post-Graduate School/Naval Support Activity Monterey to aid in highlighting opportunities in housing and education facilities for cost-effective upgrades that would support health, building durability, and improved cognition.
- Provided Healthy Home Fundamentals training (a two-day intensive classroom training w/real-world exercises) to Navy Mid-Atlantic Region Command military housing staff.
- Developed robust offering of training courses designed to address the needs of military housing staff and leadership.
Healthy Home Fundamentals
Healthy Home Leadership